As this weekend is a joint family birthday/Easter celebration, I decided that a serious cake was in order. Casting around for a suitably epic recipe, I went with another one from ‘Baked in America’ – Blackout cake. It took a long time, industrial quantities of cocoa powder, but it’s done!
Provided it survives the journey home in one piece, I’ll post up a taste test and a sliced view! Early ‘quality checks’ are very promising.
Having brought it home safely (Cake carriers are marvellous) we got stuck into it this evening. It worked great, chocolatey and rich, exactly as billed. If I did it again I would slightly increase the amount of frosting, and possibly mix some white chocolate chips in with the crumbs to lighten the colour a bit.